Nationality: USA, Maine
Native English Speaker
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Self Designed German Major — University of Southern Maine, Portland, Maine [2008-2013] and Universität Salzburg, Austria [2010-2013]
- TEFL WORLWIDE, Prague Czech Republic [October 2016]
TEFL Certification Accredited by IatQuo
- Field Canvasser — Maine People’s Alliance [June 2016 – Present]
The Maine People’s Alliance (MPA) is Maine’s largest nonprofit grassroots community action group with a membership of more than 32,000 households across Maine. At this position, I took part in building political power through grassroots action, identifying and organizing voters in Maine on key issues. I also greatly expanded my knowledge of non-profit organizations.
- Office Research Intern — Institut der Regionen Europas (IRE) [March 2014 – April 2015]
IRE is one of Europe’s most active organizations bringing the regions of the continent together to solve problems. It is not only nations and unions that must work together but regions and cities as well. ·Here I published a research paper on the 2014 Scottish Independence movement, translated articles between German and English for newsletter, prepared and edited texts for the newsletter and online resources.
- Intern — World Affairs Council of Maine [January 2012 – May 2012]
The World Affairs Council of Maine promotes understanding of world events and issues, diverse cultures, foreign policy, and international trade. With support from its members, the Council’s programming engages individuals as well as the business and education communities and other organizations involved in Maine’s expanding global presence. Here I learned to develop grant and funding proposals. I also maintained the organization’s website and social media.
- Publications: A Look into The Scottish Independence Movement [April 2014] This was written and subsequently published through my time at the Institute for the Regions of Europe (IRE) in Salzburg, Austria.
- Member — Maine Irish Children’s Program, Northern Ireland, Maine [2008-2012]
This was an exchange program between American and Northern Irish students with the goal of bridging the divide between Catholic and Protestant communities in the region. This was accomplished by participating in and helping to lead group projects, activities and staying with a host family in an effort to better connect all students in the group. I have continued to visit my host family in Belfast and stay in contact with many other participants. Through the program I gained invaluable life experiences and a more global perspective.
- Hotel Support Staff — Sunday River, Grand Summit Hotel [January 2016 – May 2016]
- Landscaper — Dan Viehmann Landscaping [June 2015 – November 2015]
- Representative and Guide — Ski Team 4 [February 2014 – May 2015]
- Driver — Rickshaw Tours Salzburg [April 2014 – May 2015]
- Camp Counselor and Teacher — Tirol, Austria at Fun and Learn English Camp [Summer 2014]
- Business English Trainer — Educom, Salzburg, Austria [2012-2013]
English: Native English
German Language: B2
Modern Greek: Low-level
Serbian: Low- level
Personal Skills: Reliable, Motivated, Persevering, Studious, Personable.
Interests: Language, Culture, Travel, History, Literature, Public Policy, International Relations, Sustainability and Migration.